And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I Love My New Area -- Yuen Long (Northern Hong Kong) . . .

October 15, 2009, Thursday

So this week we have temple day. I love it. The lights go down and zzzzzz. You know how it is. You can't help but fall asleep sometimes. Crazy stuff. I'll try not to fall asleep. No promises though. Anyway, this week we had sister's 24's. This is were we change companions for 24 hours, and sometimes we serve in a different area and sometimes a new sister comes to our area. Sister Palmer was my companion for 24's, and she came to Yuen Long, my area. Sister Palmer's companion paired up with someone else, and they are covering Sister Palmer's area. No. worries. Anyway, we had a lot of fun. We bumped into a Canadian man. He is from Winnipeg. Ya, he talked to us for like an hour. At least it seemed that way. He talked to us about a lot of things. He told us about when he was in the military. He even told us he used to coach band at different high schools. He also mentioned how he now runs a English center where he teaches students English. He said that the center is now falling through and that he thought he might so back and live with his family on their farm in Manitoba. Anyway, he was a very nice man and the conversation was an interesting one. We tried to talk to him about religion, however he did not have much of an interest. The point is that we tried.

Ya, so I finally got to watch General Conference. I didn't take any notes because I can't listen and write at the same time. So I just listened and took notes only when I really had to. I really enjoyed all the talks. They were all really good. I did not take notes during Elder Holland's talk about the Book of Mormon. I wanted to listen more than anything. I think conference was super good this time.

So about my investigators. Well...let me tell you about the best and biggest find ever. So Sister Daniels and I were going to find this one person we had on our list. We get the right building, the right floor, and the right door. Just the wrong people were on the other side of the door, or should I say the RIGHT people were on the other side of the door. The person we wanted to find did not live in that apartment, but this family did. It was a small family; husband, wife,and 2 year old son. We asked them if we could come back and teach them. They said yes and yesterday we taught them part of Lesson 1. We talked about why it is important to pray and why families are soooooo important. The father had previously seen the missionaries. The wife had a religious background. The father wants the family to have the same religion and the wife wants to have her family together forever. This is the perfect family. I'm not kidding. They are like golden. I think this family will be amazing. So this is the best investigator we have right now. Everyone else is not really progressing because they don't read their scriptures, pray, or come to Church. I don't know what to do. One of our investigators smokes. We are really trying to help her too. Anyway, that is pretty much it.

Thank you for sharing with me. I enjoy the "sharings" you send me. They help me be better. Anyway,got to go. Tell Jonathan to pick up his e-mails that I write to him. Also ask him if he gets my letters. I hope he does. Thanks mom! Love you sooooooooooooooo much.

Rachel
xxxxxxxooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment