And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Monday, June 15, 2009

More news from the mission field . . .

June 11, 2009 1:19 pm Thursday

So you got to talk with Brother Jesse (MTC branch presidency). That is great. Ya him and his wife are amazing. They are just wonderful people. He really loves the missionaries, and I'm sure he talks a lot about us.

So my companion and I are getting along pretty well. We had something this week called 24's. We get to switch companions to see what other people are like on their missions. I got to go with Sister Chiu. She is a native to Hong Kong. She is really quiet and really awesome. Anyway, back to the topic. There are a few differences of opinion, between me and my companion, but in general it's ok.

About my eating. I had to eat chestnuts last week. Uh... those are... uh... well... interesting. It was different. No different than what we have at home. I also tried some watermelon. It looked more like a slurpee, but nonetheless it was watermelon in a glass. Not half bad. I have to send you a picture of something. I think you tried pineapple bread but you didn't kow what it was. When you see the picture you will recognize it, I hope.

So my Cantonese is slowly progressing. I am doing better. I had to practice a lesson with the district leader and he said I am doing very well. I'm glad I am doing so well. Anyway, ya the more I use the language, the more it comes to me. I am actually starting to forget some Spanish and some French. I just don't have room in my head for 4 languages. AHHHHH! CRAZY! LOL! I am trying very hard to say all I can in a discussion. It's hard but Heavenly Father helps me when I need it. I may just take your suggestion and fast and pray really hard for myself.

We get to teach Connie this week again, I think. One day she will understand what we are teaching her. Until then I don't know what to do. I love Karina and want her to come to Church, even if her parents won't let her because of her work schedule. Ya and Candy is progressing. She actually walked into the Church building, saw some missionaries and wanted to learn more. That was amazing. We don't get to go from door to door. You kinda can't because everyone lives in apartments. It's harder for us. Yup we do companion study, language study and personal study. It's all so very helpful.

Yes, I got the e-mail with the e-mails in it. Thank you. Anyway, got to go see you later.

Rachel
xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment