And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Thursday, June 4, 2009

More About Investigators . . .

June 4th, 2009 Hong Kong date

Alright here goes all the answers to your questions. The 2 investigators are amazing. A King is ready for baptism but the ward mission leader changed her date and didn't inform the missionaries about this. The ward mission leader didn't even ask if it was ok. However, he asked A King and she is okay with this. She has waited a while to be baptized and she can't wait any longer. She needs to be a member NOW! :'( So frustrating. Geez. Anyhow, Connie came to our lesson we had for her and she walked in very sad. She is always sad. I don't get her. We taught her the lesson on the 4th Article of Faith. Well, when we went over repentance she didn't get it. She said, not word for word, but in this way "I am perfect, I don't need to repent." Well! Let me tell you, we all need to repent, whether we want to or not. My companion said it was a good thing I didn't really understand too much. Sister Mander just got frustrated with Connie. Connie is a good person, but she needs to learn a few things. Sister Mander then told Connie again that she needed to repent. She said she had nothing to repent of. Sister Mander told her to go ask Heavenly Father what she needs to repent of. CRAZY! Keuih haih Chisin! (That means "it's crazy" in Cantonese). We just don't know what to do with Connie. You know? Candy is doing great. She is in Mainland China right now. We still pray for her. We also have this one other person named Karina. She is very special. She is under the age of 18 and is investigating the Church and loves it. However, her parents agreed that after she finished her exams she could go to Church with us. Fat chance of that. Her mother made her get a job. She works on Sundays and on Tuesdays (the day we have English class). So no Karina at Church or English class. What is this world coming to. SERIOUSLY! :'(

For P-day today we got to go to Hong Kong Island and take a ferry to some other island, I don't know where. We went hiking and went through this really cool cave. So very awesome! We also got to walk around the island and saw some interesting things. There was a beach with lots of bugs and spiders and a tree with caterpillars all over it. Oh, the best part was all the butterflies. They were everywhere, and not just some her and there, but like all over the ground and in many trees and bushes. It was so neat.

Yesterday was mission conference. I learned soooooo much. President and Sister Van Dam talked to us about so many things. It was really spiritual. I had to introduce myself. Which I did. I had no choice. I got to do it in English though. Not too bad. Oh, I also want you to check something up on the computer. I want you to read this talk, it's called "Beware of Pride." I realized I was prideful and that is why when you and I go shopping and it turns into a mess, it's cause I am prideful. I apologize for those moments that we have. We shouldn't be fighting with each other. Anyway, things are great. I'll let you know more about our schedule when I have more time.

See you later,
Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment