And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Missionary Work in Hong Kong . . .

May 28, 2009, Thursday

Hey, so everything is great. Okay so about my apartment. It is awesome. There are 3 girls and me in there, 2 companionships basically. So the area of my mission is called Kwai Fong. We cover 2 wards here, Kwai Fong and Cheung Sha Wan. They are like 20 minutes away from each other. So I have met some awesome missionaries here. They are amazing people and are so dedicated to helping the people of Hong Kong. Along with teaching people in Cantonese, we get to do an English class. It is awesome. I LOVE English class, since I don't speak the language very well. We also have FHE on Mondays. That is fun, we do that in Cantonese. We have a 10-20 minute lesson and than a game and then junk food. Well, not all of it is junk food. We get some fruit too. But we usually have something chocolate. Oh by the way, this last Sunday we went to the home of the Bishop of the Kwai Fong ward and he served us food. Way good food. Plenty of rice for everyone. We also got to take some amazing photos from his apartment windows. He kind of lives up on a mountain. He is kinda rich. He lives in a nice apartment. When I say nice I mean the size of the apartment we had in College Terrace in Utah. Here everyone lives in an apartment. There are just apartments after apartments. It's crazy. Anyway, if you are rich you can get a better apartment than someone else. The people here don't have amazing houses, so when they see my house they always say "hou leng" which means really pretty, then they tell me it is big. I guess compared to the people here, my house is big. I'm learning to appreciate the things here, because they don't have much. We have so much. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ and we have money and food and a good roof over our heads. Some people here don't have all these things. I'm sorry for them. I can't offer the people here much, but I can give them the greatest I have to offer. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know it can do amazing things for these people. Ok, so about my investigators. We have like 10 or something. We have 2 baptismal dates set for 2 people. It is amazing. We really have not had to go contacting (finding). I love all the investigators. If you would like you can pray for Connie and A King. Both these people are amazing. I'm so excited for them. We also have Candy and she is awesome too. If you would like to pray for these 3 people that would be sooo awesome. Thank you so much. :) Anyway, I am doing well. The food here is fattening and I am gaining weight. So within the past month I will be going out on another P-day and getting some new clothes that fit me. Anyway, the pineapple bread is what is making me fat. It doesn't have pineapple in it, it's just called that. So ya, other than that things are good. Talk to you later. Love you lots and lots, miss you

Rachel
xxxxxxxooooooo
P.S. share the letter with the Elders. I'm sure they would love to know about Hong Kong. Tell the new Greeny I say "hi". Also if there is anything they want to know about Hong Kong they can ask me. I'll answer all questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment