And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life Couldn't be Better. . .

April 15th, 2009, Wednesday

Good Afternoon,

Alright so in answer to the questions you asked. First of all I have had several companions. I started out with Sister Lemmon and Sister Peck, who are going to different missions. Sister Peck is in Hong Kong and Sister Lemmon is gone to the Philippines. She is in Tacloban. I got along with both of these girls. Then I got Sister Webb and Sister Miller as my companions. They are awesome people and we got along super well, in fact so well she even dragged me out of bed when I didn't want to get up in the mornings. LOL! Now I have Sister McLaughlin, and she is awesome too. We get along really well.

Second question, the Cantonese language is coming along well. I am learning so much and yet I find at times it can be difficult. I always remember why I am doing this and then I'm ok. So the people who teach us everything we need to know here are sisters for me. Yup, female teachers. It's cool. One teacher went on her mission to Hong Kong and the other went to California. The one who went to California is originally from Hong Kong. Her name is Sister Burby. The one who went to Hong Kong is Sister Slad. Sister Burby is eight months pregnant and her husband is trying to get into law school. Both my teachers are awesome people and they believe in me and that I will have a great mission. I love both my teachers and they love me. They are so nice. Actually one of the other teachers who teaches Cebwano, in the classroom two doors down from me, comes over and helps me organize my binder that keeps all my notes and things. He is amazing too. He has helped me so much.

Third question, YES, I found and read the letter that was in my suitcase. I loved it. Thank you for your testimony, it helped me a lot. I truly appreciate it. I got the Easter card and the box with the food in it. The half-way present was awesome. I get everything you send me. The box from dearelder had a lot of stuff in it, mostly candy, but I also got some martinelli's in there too. I love sparkling cider, it's so tasty. Anyway, I am sending you my notes from the devotional we had yesterday. They will be in a letter with some other stuff. These notes were taken from the devotional by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. I have to admit he is an awesome speaker. I hope I can one day speak with as much conviction and love as he does. He is powerful. If you saw his General Conference talk then you know what I am talking about. Anyway, I am sending some pictures in that package, as well as something for the Florians. I hope they like it. Oh by the way please get cousin Janet's e-mail, I accidently lost it. Get me her address too, I would appreciate it. Anyway, have a great day, love you lots.

Rachel
xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment