And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New missionaries, temple, gaining weight & food, etc. . . .

April 8, 2009, Wednesday 9:23 am

Hi Daddy and Mommy,

Everything is going great? How is home and work? I have had a good week, not much to write about though. We get new missionaries today. They are going to Hong Kong too, and will be in our branch as well. Very exciting. We also get to go to the temple every Wednesday. So I'm going again today. Also new to go to the bookstore and get a few things. I also need to go to the clothing store and get a new skirt. One of my skirts does not fit me anymore. Ya, I've gained weight. I am now 106. If I gain 2.1 more pounds I will weigh more than I ever did. I hope I break the record. Anyway the food here is not bad. When you and Mom come on your mission you will like it here. They usually have 3 lines with different things to eat, at both. They have fruit all the time, and boy are the strawberries good. I say that from personal experience that the strawberries are GOOD! :) Anyway, they also have a wrap bar where you can get fajita type stuff. You can put just about anything in the wrap. You name it, they probably have it. Chicken, raisins, carrots, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes. They are way good, so I hear. Never actually had a wrap here. They also have soup and salad, which is also good, but I wouldn't know. A lot of the time things can be greasy and then the food is not good. Oh, they also have cereal. They have the sugary stuff as well as mini wheats and other stuff. They have grapefruit too, so don't worry. You can still eat here what you eat at home. Promise. So yesterday we had service, just as we always do on Tuesdays. This time I got to clean the seniors residence. Ok, seriously, it's like a mini hotel. The senior couples get a bed, a phone, a sink, a bathroom, and a medicine cabinet all in their one room. Neat hugh? They treat you like royalty. Anway, got to go get breakfast, I'm hungry. I'll write more later.

Love Rachel
P.S. I try and eat healthy here, but sometimes I let the sugar slip by.

9:53 am

Ok, so did you prepare questions for conference? They tell us at the MTC to have questions we want to ask so when we go to Conference they will be answered. If you didn't prepare some then think about it for next time. It will help you out so much. Anyway, they talked about a house and how to clean it. I was sitting there listening and then the thought came into my head, did my mother ask how to clean her house better? LOL. By the way I get EVERY dearelder you send me and I love them all. Can't remember all the questions you wanted to know, but ask more and I can respond back this time. Sorry about that. We are so busy here. So tell me more about home in the next dearelder. By the way the dearelder website has a way to buy and send cookies. LOVE cookies. Oh and one last thing, good news. I can call you when I get to the airport to go to Hong Kong in 5 weeks, so don't worry. It's okay to phone you the MTC said we could do that. It's alright, not breaking any rules. Send me Jonathan's phone number at school so I can call him. Hope you have a great day.

Love Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment