And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First week at the MTC ...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hey Mom and Dad,

So this is my first week here in the MTC and everything is great. I admit I cried a bit the first few days. Then everything got better. I even cried on Sunday. It's very hard for me here. All the constant learning. However, eventually you get used to it. So yesterday was Tuesday and we had a devotional and Elder Kikuchi spoke to us. He is in the Quorum of the 70 and he is Japanese. He is an awesome speaker. Even though I have only been here a week I can already feel my testimony growing. I can see where I need to improve and where I am doing well. Things are great. The food is not bad. I also found out yesterday that I gained about 2-3 pounds or so just from being here. I mean all you do is eat and sit all day. It's not too bad. The food is ok. By the way I still have not touched a vegetable yet. Maybe one day I will. Oh here is something neat. I can see how everything I have done has led me up to this moment in the MTC and for my mission. Everything I have done really has helped me. I mean cleaning the church at home. Ya, that's prepared me too. Weird huh? Anyway, hope things are going good for you guys and Jonathan. Have an awesome day and please write me letters as often as possible. I would really like that. Oh and by the way if you want to send me e-mails faster just go to DearElder.com. Dad, you can go there and set it up or mom can. Either way it's the fast way to send letters to me, but just while I am in the MTC.

Thanks so much, love you guys

Rachel AKA Sam ji Muih (this is my Chinese name, there are supposed to be tone marks on my name, don't know how to write them)

No comments:

Post a Comment