And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Saturday, March 21, 2009

More News From The MTC . . .

March 2009 Wednesday

You know I think it's amazing how you can't see what I'm doing and don't know much, only what I tell you and yet you send the right letters to me. I guess being in tune with the Spirit really help. I sent Jonathan a funny card about the MTC. Just thought he could use a letter too. Please make sure he writes me. I need all the letters I can get. Letters are nice. They make me feel so happy while I am away. Tom and Sarah Davidson sent me a dearelder. It was really nice of them. I didn't expect it either, that's what made it so great. So is there anything specific you want to know about the MTC? Here is something neat. Wr have a General Authority come every Tuesday. They teach us so much about missionary work. We had Elder Kikuchi (Jpanese) come talk to us last week. This week we had Elder Hamula from the 70. His talk was harder for me to understand then Elder Kikuchi's. Both talks were good though. I got to go to the temple this week. I couldn't go last week because my companion Sister Peck was sick. She is way better now. Today is the 2nd out of 12 P-days I will have while here at the MTC. Most people are only in the MTC for anywhere from 3-9 weeks. We are lucky, we need way more help I guess. I'm picking up Cantonese at a slow but steady rate. For now I can bear my testimony, pray, and say random words like Heavenly Father and I know that. . . It's way awesome here. The Spirit is amazing, however I hate sitting in class. I feel like I have ADD each time I have to sit. DRIVES ME NUTS! LOL!
The food here is not bad. We have had many different things to eat such as burgers, wraps, cereal, bread, fries, soda, Cordon Bleu chicken and bagels. I find a lot of the food here really fatty. We eat 3 times a day but everyone get hungry in between, so we all go to the book store to get food.

I'M sending you and Dad a bunch of pictures of me and my district. There are two awesome elders. They are amazing people. By the way I talk to Hamish here all the time. I also see Patrick too. Elder Macpherson leaves next week. Elder Carpenter and I are STILL HERE! After 12 weeks it will be nice to get out of here. Anyway have a great day!

And remember Heavenly Father loves you!

Love Rachel
AKA Sister Simkovits

No comments:

Post a Comment