And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A very interesting week...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hi Mom and Dad,

So this week has been very interesting. Lots of stuff has gone on. Yesterday, we had a general authority come and visit. We have one every Tuesday. However, yesterday a very different person came to the MTC. Usually it's someone from the 70 or something like that. This time you will never guess who it was. I was hoping for the prophet but, sadly it was not. It was L. Tom Perry. He is an amazing speaker. He knows a lot and he served a mission to what they call the northern states. Ya all up there was one big mission. Now it's like a million missions. Anyway, then on Sunday last week we had the Beesons come and speak to us. They work here at the MTC and they taught us about music and it was amazing. They said that even if the oeople don't know what language you are singing in, they can, none the less, feel the spirit anyway. Oh by the way dad, the words have not come out of my ears yet. They actually keep coming out of my mouth, kinda weird. Anyway, everything is going well. Well...except one thing. I am trying to get along with my companion. We got into a small dispute. We fixed it, no biggie. I just felt like I always have to be careful about what I say and how I say it. So Sister Lemmons leaves today at 9:20 am for her plane ride to the Philippines, which is where her mission is. She flies to California, then to Taiwan with a 10 hour lay over, then to the Philippines. Crazy huh? Oh by the way I got the package you sent me. I forgot to tell you that. I got all the stuff I accidently left behind.

Oh by the way when L. Tom Perry spoke yesterday he said they have a great need for senior couples. I read an article that I am sending you guys about senior couples. Super good article. They say that because seniors go on missions the llives of all their posterity will be blessed. So their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren that are not active, will one day become active again. ALso as a senior couple serves a mission they are also setting a good example for the rest of the family. It is truly amazing. You never know what could happen because you went on a mission. Anyway, you will read the article when it get there. Everything else is great. If you have any questions, remember to send a dearelder.com. I love getting those things. They are awesome.

Hope you have a great day, love your little missionary girl,
Bye Momme, bye Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment