And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What's it like at the MTC?...

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hey, thanks for letting me know what goes on at home. Things seem to be going good for you guys. That is way awesome. So mom wanted to know about my companion. I actually have 2 companions. I'm a solo sister which means I am the only female in the district/class. So about my companions. They are both from Idaho. Sister Lemmons is going to the Philippines and SIster Peck is going to Hong Kong at the end of the month. I will still be here until the 25 of May or something like that. These sister companions I have are way awesome, super nice girls. I love them! Let mom see this e-mail, print it off or something. But please make sure she sees it. So I have not eaten like a cow though sometimes I wonder. I have actually gained 3 pounds so far. I mean you eat and then sit and then eat and then sit and then eat some and then sit again. It's CRAZY! Some people say they lost weight, I don't think so. I gained weight. Mom might be happy about that. I'm so skinny minny I kinda need the extra weight. Anyway, I listened to some of the music I had, at night before bed. It's super good stuff. Oh and about the MTC. At the moment I don't hate it or like it. Here is why. I love the spirit you feel here and the amount of spiritual learning you get, however, I find that sitting in a class for 12 hours a day could drive someone nuts. Seriously! Ya so this week I am working on goals. They make us set some every week. Goals as individuals and as a district and with the language and everything. SOOOOOO many goals. I have set the goal to be patient. I expect people to be patient with me so I should be patient with everyone else right? Ya, I need to work on this goal. I think next week I will work on love and charity or something. Everything else is way good and I love it here. The book store is super fun. I get mail occasionally. Make sure Mom writes me more often. I really appreciate the notes even if I can only write back on P-day (Wednesday). ANd yes, we have 6 to a room. Kind of a busy place. Everything else is great. We have a branch presidency for Sundays here. The people are way awesome. One of the members of the presidency went on a mission to Quebec. That was like back in the day when the Kirkland ward did not exist. I think back then the Elder lived in Dorval (I think that's what he said). Anyway the people here are awesome. I am having, though, a hard time getting along with my teachers. I think it's too much estrogen in the room. Who knows. Anyway, I have 2 companions in the classroom. They are elders and I get to be around them all the time. I can do lunch and dinner with them and go for walks and stuff. Way nice guys. One is from San Jose, California. He is a convert of 4 years I think. The other elder is from Highland Utah. That is the same place Bishop Coleman was from. They are great guys. Both of them have Chinese backgrounds. I have the disadvantage because no one in our family speaks Chinese of any kind. :( Bummer. Anyway, everything is way good and I love everything here, except for class. Hope everything is going good for you. ANyway, send me some more letters, I love them.

Have a great day.
Love Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment