And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Thursday, January 7, 2010

First week in Macau . . .

December 17, 2009

So my first week in Macau was the BEST! We went to the water show yesterday. The water show has water moving to the music. It's really something spectacular to see. I really enjoyed it. They played some good songs and the water looked so cool. Anyway, my apartment here in Macau is hugh. There are only 4 sisters in the whole apartment. I am working really hard, and I think I might have found the one person who I knew in the Pre-existence. It is really awesome. This girl's name is A-Tihng. She is really nice. I like her, but she talks sooooooo much. Even more than me. It's crazy. No worries. I love her anyway. They say that every missionary has their "someone". Well A-Tihng is mine. Even if she is a recent convert, it makes no difference in the end. Anyway, she called us up the other day and she was feeling really down. She kept telling me that she was stupid. She is 20 years old and in form 3. Form 3 is like 9th grade kinda. She is doing adult ed school, I guess. Not too sure. Anyway, I let her know that she is not stupid and that Heavenly Father loves her. She didn't understand that too much, and just told me she was confused. Eventually she felt better about herself after we told her to go and pray. In the end she was ok. It was kinda sad though. I really like her and she likes to worry about me. For instance she worried that I was eating too much junk food and told me nicely to stop eating that garbage. She also told me yesterday to wear more clothes b/c it was cold outside. She really has a good heart and means well. I like her anyway, no matter what. So just to let you know, I will be calling hone on Christmas Day. It will be Christmas Day in Hong Kong, which is still Christmas Eve for all of you. I want to call home at about 8 pm or so. I hope that is ok. Let me know if it is not. That's about it. Have a great day. Love you,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment