And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A good story . . .

October 22, 2009

Hi,

So I e-mailed Jonathan today. He is letting me know what goes on in Utah. Interesting. Not bad, but very interesting. He wants me to move to SUU. I don't think I am going to do that. I actually want to either stay at UVU or go to BYU.

Anyway, here is a good story. My companion and I were going to this apartment building to knock on someone's door. We knew the person behind the door, or so we thought. We knock and find out that the person we want doesn't live in this apartment. We ended up finding a woman and her 2 1/2 year old son. We asked her if we could share the gospel with her. She said to wait until her husband comes back, then we could come back. So we came back and taught the family. We asked the family what they wanted to get out of the gospel. The father said that he just wanted a religion the whole family could be in together, and the wife wanted a religion where she could have an eternal family. This is the perfect family. We are teaching them and they are AWESOME! The Lord has blessed us. I mean 3 baptisms at the start of my move here (Yuen Long-more northern Hong Kong)and now this family, amazing!

In other news, my companion and I made a deal with one of our investigators that if she would quit smoking we would stay away from certain foods. I picked to stay away from pineapple bread. Let me tell you I am DYING for a soda soooooooo bad. You have no idea. I love soda. I haven't had a soda in almost 2 weeks. Soda makes me feel sick or tired. It's going good. Our investigator is trying to quit smoking. She is trying to see if she can stay away from smoking for 1 week. We will see what happens.

By the way tell Dad if he wants to know where I am that I am Yuen Long. He can tell George Chow that one. So by the way i need a question answered. what kind of shoes should I get? I need to get new shoes, badly! You have no idea. I ruined one pair that we got from the Panda store in Fairview Mall. My Dansko shoes are still in perfect condition. So what kind of shoes should I get? Made by what company? You know Clarks, Ecco, Dansko, etc... So don't worry so much about it, I still have another pair of shoes. Anyway, got to go, love you lots and lots.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment